Friday, August 17, 2007

Home cookin'

Beware of restaurant food. Tonight my sweet husband and I headed to our favorite restaurant for a luscious chicken salad, O'Charley's (we have a gift certificate, thank you kids). Much to our dismay, there was a very large red C on the door. We did a 180 and headed for the car. We headed for a much healthier A type restaurant. Did you ever think what might be in the local restaurant you frequent, other than the food? EW, yuck! The options are endless and awful. We'll give O'Charley's a chance to clean up the place. Until then I think we'll eat some home cooking. Time to break out some healthy recipes and start eating things we know the contents of. My kitchen isn't grade C for sure!

4 comments:

Deena said...

Gag me. I really miss those ratings up here. I always wonder what we're getting ourselves into. Maybe that wasn't a candied pecan in your salad!

Coordination Queen said...

ew gross... there's always an o'charley's in lexington... they are clean. btw i did see a roach on the floor of the bathroom of your o'charley's when we went there for lunch one day. and you can make your own salads and you know for sure that they really are candied pecans! :)

Methodical Wormer said...

I think I'm gonna vom. I hate that it is not a law to post your ratings here. Even the rating system sucks. If you're 75% and up you get a gold star anything under is a silver... so they could be one step from closing and have the same grade as a 74% place. All the more reason to eat at home.

Physcokity said...

Yeah there's a reason why restaurants don't have ratings like that here...most of them would be closed I'm sure...