Sunday, August 12, 2007

Give a Hoot!

How much nature is too much nature? A couple of nights ago we were considering letting our small dog out in the backyard, the sun was going down but it was not dark. I was standing in front of the sliding door looking out and an owl swoops down and rests on the rail of the deck. Ok, is he looking for a friend or food? My daughter has already nicknamed our dog "Owl Bait". Just as another owl was ready to join the first, we made motions to discourage them both. We are not Steve Irwin so why all the attention from the owl kingdom? I believe they may have gotten the squirrel population under control however, do you know another wizard like Harry Potter that might need his mail delivered?

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I think owl bait might put up a good fight. :)

Deena said...

So I guess dad was right about the owls then, huh?

Physcokity said...

hehe I think you should name them, they come back every year their unofficially yours...