Sunday, October 19, 2008

Be Kind, Be Gentle

My girls are familiar with this saying. They grew up with a large picture of Jesus Christ stuck on the refrigerator with this saying next to it "BE KIND, BE GENTLE". Today some special letters were read in RS, from a husband to his wife and family. He counselled then to be kind and to be gentle. Even as his life was in peril he advised his family to be kind and gentle to one another. What a wonderful example of how we should speak and act in our families. Family members pray for, comfort and strengthen one another. It is nice to know that someone else cares about us no matter what is going on around us. "Tongue cannot express the gratitude of my heart, for the warm and true-hearted friendship you have manifested in these things towards me."
Tender and beautiful words of the heart and important lessons for all in relationships. I am grateful for my family relationships and I intend to follow my advise I gave to my children, Be Kind, Be Gentle.

1 comment:

Physcokity said...

I even put up this saying in one of my more particularly snarky apartments at school. The girls were both big into theater, singing, and performance..."Not that there's anything wrong with that..." but that tends to have a non-stop drama/backstabbing rudeness all it's own. I got tired of them talking about other people like their "singing" doesn't stink. ;) I stuck it on the side of the fridge that faced the range.