Thursday, July 19, 2007

Embryo blogger!

One of my daughters suggested I start a blog. I laughed. You see I bought the first computer for this house when my four daughters were still in school and lived at home. I realized they would need computer proficiency the way things were going. I was never allowed to get near the monster in the corner. The few moments I did well.....let's just say the girls mocked me. First I didn't know where to go or how to start and my typing skills learned in high school on a manual typewriter. You ask what is that? That is something you have to pound the keys on really hard to get the key to strike the paper listen for the ding to push the return arm on the left and return the carriage. Sounds like the dark ages! Well that is where I got my typing skills the dark ages. Pounding keys hard and watching for the end of a sentence to hit the return. The popular electrics had this feature but you still had to listen for the ding to hit it so you didn't type off of the page requiring - yes- a "start over". Do overs today consist resting your finger on the backspace. And mistakes, well you didn 't want those because, correction fluids and tapes well, let's just say I don't think they exist any more.
Now I'm trying to keep the same font and color I started with it keeps changing on me.
My favorite color is pink and I tried typing in pink but that even makes me sick and it is hard to read. With my recent surgery, I've been forced to checking out and trying to overcome the "dark ages".
And for the title....only 24 hours in a day....well, what works for Jack Bauer and his crew I find I want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: