Monday, June 15, 2009

I should have started my diet last week

My whole life I have loved cinnamon. I put it on rice, on oatmeal, in cakes and cookies and pies. Life is truly better with cinnamon. I thought I could eat almost anything with cinnamon on it.
I watched a show on the food network about cinnamon. While they were teaching about cinnamon they were making beautiful foods loaded with cinnamon. Cinnamon is a wonderful thing.
So I pose the question, can you ever have too much of a good thing? Can you ever have too much cinnamon. 2 days ago I would have said "no".
Yesterday for Sunday dinner I made a recipe for fresh peach pie I found online. It called for nutmeg, didn't have it. Well cinnamon works well in the recipes that nutmeg does, so I dumped it in. Measure cinnamon, no you can never have too much remember. The thought crossed my mind, "too much?" Nope because I already told you, cinnamon rocks!
After my lovely Sunday dinner (with guests of course) I pulled out a lovely peach pie. It was a little leaky, fresh cut peaches ya know. Well it didn't set up, but hey how can you go wrong with fresh peaches, cinnamon, and pie crust.
My daughter said "this doesn't taste right where did you get the recipe?"
"Online" I replied. "Isn't it beautiful?"
My daughter didn't want to insult me, but was making suggestions,etc.
I tasted it, humpf, not too bad....then the cinnamon kicked in.
Well, I like cinnamon I can handle it. by the third bite "TOO HOT!"
My husband ejected it out of his mouth into the garbage disposal.
That is where the rest of the pie went. Yes, you can have too much cinnamon.

If you back up a little that was the second dessert I messed up that day. The filling for the coconut cream pie never cooked together.

I guess someone is telling me to stop making dessert.

We settled for a chocolate pudding pie, sort of yum.

2 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I wish I had seen the peach pie...everything else was good. MB still had chocolate pudding smeared under his ear last night. :)

Deena said...

Sounds like the pie ended up with Tiff's fab cupcakes. :)