Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bridal Shower

The new thing among my friends at least is meeting at a restaurant, eating, opening gifts and visiting. Someone else picks up the tab, that was nice.
What is an appropriate gift for a bridal shower? Towels? Cookbooks? Lingerie? What differentiates between a shower gift and and wedding gift? More $$$$?
What about gift cards? If a couple has been living together for several years and decide to get married, what do you give them?
I was going to give monogrammed towels, my usual. However, today I went to a bridal shower and everyone gave her towels. Not monogrammed, but the useful kind. Does that make the wedding gift any less useful?
The food was good no one has to work except those who are at work already, they also take care of the clean up , etc. The games are gone (:)) Pictures add a nice touch and the stories about the couple.
And for the first time the bride and mother of the brides friends meet..interesting.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I'd still give her the pretty towels. I always thought we got too many towels when we got married, but I love having all of them now. I didn't get a single cookbook when I got married. And when you can tell me what differentiates between a shower and wedding gift, let me know.

Methodical Wormer said...

There are lots of people I know that only give one gift. If they go to a shower then that's where they get the gift and then they don't take one to the reception.

But since we aren't like that... I would say a shower gift would be something less expensive than a wedding gift. I just had an idea for monogrammed bags. Like the size for a quick weekend getaway. But maybe that's because I don't have a bag that fits that bill and I always have the need for one.

Physcokity said...

Yeah quite stealing mine! ;)

Yes to the towels...

Who's shower was this anyway?

Physcokity said...

Lady I need to get registered....call me. Oh lol! hehee not quite like that.